Monday, April 22, 2013

Shiny Things

So Sephora had a sale and since I live near one now I had a problem day where money was spent. It. Was. Awesome.

I walked away with a bunch of polish for like 20bux, and gave myself a half moon mani to give you guys an idea of what a super shiny manicure will do over a work week.

I used Sephora by OPI in Evy-On The Eyes and Torrid Shimmer. Pretty sure both are discontinued 'cause of being on clearance.
Easy way to give yourself a french/half moon/whatever design is to get those sticky hole protectors and use them to tape off where you don't want polish to go.

Glossy and cute right? Thing is, the shinier your manicure, the more scuffs will show up. If this drives you nuts, stick with a textured polish or use a matte topcoat. Liquid Sand by OPI and Pixie Dust by Zoya are two good examples of fun polishes that wear well.
And here it is after a week. Minor tip wear and my bird liked the orange best so that was peeled off my index finger in short order.

I got nail stickers on sale, so sometime in the future I'll be reviewing those!



No comments:

Post a Comment